Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
217 Posts
I am not an expert under the bonnet by any means but I have the exact same car. I presume its an LPT as it does not hae a boost guage on the dash, but it might have had an FPT upgrade at some point.

·
Registered
8,216 Posts
Originally posted by Jason (Mr Torque Steer):
[qb]Some LPT's have solenoid valves BUT NOT an intercooler, others have the opposite arrangement. [/qb][/b]
But as far as I know, all 2.3LPTs had an intercooler and no solenoid valve. It was just the 2.0LPT up to MY95 that had the opposite arrangement.

·
Registered
8,216 Posts
The last 2.3T Anniversaries are reputed to have the B234R Aero engine (but only the manual ones). That car almost certainly started out as an LPT, as described by the seller, because it has no boost gauge and no "turbo" badge on the grille..

·
Registered
608 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
The saab manual lists the lpt as 170bhp, others places have listed it as 175bhp.

I also read somewhere the top speed was 137mph and 0-60 8.4 and 0-100 in 20seconds !

Certainly my car didnt feel anywhere near that quick at all, I was very unimpressed with the performance to say the least...

·
Registered
105 Posts
My Anniv 2.3 lpt is rated at 170bhp.
IIRC,the last of the 2.3 PFT were rated at 225bhp for the manual and 200bhp for the auto...
I hate to think what mine's worth now but It doesn't really make any difference as i wouldn't part with it.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.