Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All

First Post in here, only just bought a 54 plate 9-3 convertible. I believe it has the 7 speaker system, although I can not see a amp under the front passenger seat as I read there should be. I understand there is also one in the rear nearside somewhere. Any how I have installed new speakers into the front dash board and doors and I'm happy enough with this for now, I read that you can install a 10" sub behind the seats, I'm looking to tap the source from the rear speaker, however is there somewhere close I can tap to use for the remote line and a power source instead of having to run cables through the car?

Thanks in advance

Darren

·
Administrator
5,086 Posts
the amp for the vert is behind the rear passenger side panel..what speakers did you install,and are they wired back in phase..

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Any help here we ouod be appreciated. I've tapped off of the two rear speakers into a rca converter, Im having trouble finding a remote line, can someone please tell me what color the remote is on the amp I'm hoping to connect my line here. I've added pics for reference.

Thanks in advance

Darren

·
Registered
1 Posts
Usually remote lines are blue. Thinner than regular wires I could be wrong about it but in standard cars they are blue.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So managed to find a remote line fro the cigerette lighter. Everything wired correctly and double checked, the sub is barely audible, I then pulled out the + rca lead and it kicked into life, however when I turn the volume up it sounds like it's clipping and banging. The sub is dual voice coil and wired up as far as I am aware correctly. Had anyone rise had this issue?? Could this be an issue with taking the signal from the rear speakers that's still being powered by amp2 or how can I test the rca convertor. It was only several pounds maybe it's that 😔 any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Darren

1 - 5 of 5 Posts