Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got to thinking yesterday at work about why the air mass meter is right after the air filter itself. Why couldn't it be closer to the throttle body? I want to use a atmospheric BOV on my car and putting it up closer to the throttle body would fix/help the problem with riching out. Saab more than likely wanted to put it right after the filter so that they could use the quiet recirculating valves. Only reasons I could think of not to do this was any oil from the turbo getting on the AMM itself or it not holding up to the boost from the turbo?

·
Registered
14,305 Posts
One possible reason is the extremes of temperature it might have to work in- particularly on cars without intercoolers, as the turbo significantly heats the intake air.

It might also have dificulty coping with the rate of rise in intake temp- it uses a hot wire metering system.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I think it's worth a shot, my car does have an intercooler. And I would think it has a pretty good temperature range just from the normal fluctuations in ambient air temperature. I'll get a hold of a backup AMM and give it a shot, and be sure to post what I find out. If anyone else can think of a reason this wouldn't work, I'm all ears!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.