Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner

Always liked the idea of a Saab, I finally got one.

Tags
finally idea
2K views 6 replies 3 participants last post by  lizzard-t 
#1 ·
I have been through many cars in the past and try to get something I haven't had before each time I change. I was going to break that streak this time and get another Audi to replace my current 1997 A6 Avant. I usually run cars from about 10 years old until they cost me more in a year than half their value, which the A6 just hit.

So... I now have a 2004 9-5 2.3t (185bhp) Sportwagon with 125k miles on it. It drives nice, no obvious issues (yet). Only time will tell...

#3 ·
Thanks. I just need to decide now whether to drive it at 185bhp for a bit and get used to it (I'm coming from a 170bhp Audi A6 and a 200bhp BMW 328i so that's 'average' power) or whether to just go straight for a noobtune and push it up to 220bhp. Decisions decisions...

#5 ·
I think you're right, get used to it first and make sure it's running right before stressing it more.

Someone I work with has a 1.9TiD 150 and I showed them the extra you can get with a simple remap. Looks like my 2.3t petrol will get a 30bhp boost BUT their 1.9 diesel will go up to about the same end power but with a massive 380+Nm of torque instead of the 280 mine stays at. Sort of wishing I'd gone for a diesel now...

#7 ·
I've had 3 diesel Saab 9-3 first 2.2 tid owned that for 12+ years use that to go between Germany and home that I thought was brilliant esp on the autobahn.
Then last year got a 1.9 120 tid , it's power delivery was completely different , did not seem to have the low down pull of the 2.2 .
Then this year , I got a 1.9 150 tid , now that has the best power delivery I've experienced, as above , get it 1500 rpm then the turbo spools up and away it goes All the way up to the red line .
You stick it on a motorway in 6th gear at 70 and you want to over take , no need to drop a cog , it just goes , and goes and goes ! .
I've had it up at speed and it just wants to go faster !
It's nothing like my GSI ( that's just a bit mental!)
But my 9-3 will give most cars a run for there money . Very addictive.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.