Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
945 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On attempting to remove the alternator on a 2.3 Griffin from the wheel side (after trying to remove the cover from the top of the engine and rounding off a screw might I add!) I have had problems with the power steering pump mounting bolts (the ones behind the power steering pulley, only accessible by going through the holes in the pulley) one bolt came out sweet but the lower one rounded off, now I can't get the mounting bolts off meaning I can't remove the Alternator, is the power steering pulley removable and if so what sized allen key is it as I have tried both 10 and 12 and neither fit (I haven't got an 11!) and what could I do if I did get the pulley off to get the bolt to loosen. Also on removing the Alternator mounting bolts I found the top bolt loose, on further inspection I found the bracket that holds the front of the bolt broken off. This mounting is part of the engine mounting and so looks like it'll be a bugger to replace, can anyone shine some light on either of these. Cheers for taking the time to read.

·
Registered
945 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Right, I've got the engine mounting off and I've removed the bolts holding the engine mounting bracket to the block, but now theres a wire going through the middle of the bracket that comes from the bulkhead and disappears at the side of the block that is prweventing mwe gfrom removing the bracket altogether and so therefore i can't go to the scrappy and get another to fit until I can remove the old one! How the heck do I disconnect this wire...god knows what it is...darned thing! I'm tempted to say sod this and go up the pub...after all it will soon be a pleasant Sunday lunchtime!!!

·
Registered
945 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Right, I have managed to remove the mounting bracket...in the end I managed to trace the wire and it turned out to be the lambda sensor wire. I disconnected at the bulkhead and now I'm off. Still got the problem with the power steering mounting bolts though...any help much appreciated. As I can't get any further on the Griff, I'm off to change the oil and coolant on a Nissan Sunny (I said it quietly!)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.