Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been reading through some of the archives about the late 2.3FPT Anniversary models and always wondered whether my 1998 model had the Aero suspension setup.

Well I finally took one of the front wheels off today and scraped passed the dirt to reveal a part number on the right SACHS OE shock.

the top line read: 14 1500 115 577
the next line read: 46 46 758
the bottom line read: V190

I've checked elkfarts and halfords out and their standard SACHS 9000 OE shock read 115 253.

Do any of you Aero owners know what part number you have on your front shocks?

I also took the opportunity to check out the front anti-roll bar and it seemed to be a very tight 19mm or loose 20mm.

The car certainly feels like a stock Aero but you can never be completely sure because the seats in the Anniversary never hold you "in" as well as the Aero seats.

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Originally posted by JezmondTutu:
[qb]No as I swapped mine for Konis. I do know that the standard Aero suspension setup isn't exactly worth aspiring to, even if it is a tad more controlled than standard. [/qb][/b]
I was hoping that the first response could have been more helpful. Some of us haven't been able to save up for the KONI upgrade yet and until that day comes, we'll just have to put up with the standard kit.

·
Registered
276 Posts
I've got the Aero damper details but not to hand at the moment...I will post them later.

Saab dampers are also colour coded with the Aero dampers having a brown line on the part number sticker. They also have a 25mm damper rod as opposed to a 22mm one on the standard turbo dampers.

Saab unfortunately no longer supply these dampers!

·
Registered
60 Posts
You can verify if the front shock is Aero stock by measuring the diameter of the shaft that goes into cylinder portion of the strut. It should be at least 25mm. Non Aero strut shafts were only 20-22mm diameter. (you may need to push the rubber boot uo to expose the shaft).

·
Registered
8,948 Posts
Originally posted by Aeroadster:
[qb] QUOTE
[qb] No as I swapped mine for Konis. I do know that the standard Aero suspension setup isn't exactly worth aspiring to, even if it is a tad more controlled than standard. [/qb][/b]
I was hoping that the first response could have been more helpful. Some of us haven't been able to save up for the KONI upgrade yet and until that day comes, we'll just have to put up with the standard kit. [/qb][/b][/quote]Don't worry, I ran the standard Aero set up for 9 years, including trackdays and was pretty quick up until I put koni's on it in June.

A still have the Aero struts and springs in the garage as I wasn't going to cut up a set of good and un replaceable struts just for Koni's.

Andrew

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Originally posted by Scaero (Maptun stg3):
[qb] QUOTE
Originally posted by Aeroadster:
[qb]  
[qb] No as I swapped mine for Konis. I do know that the standard Aero suspension setup isn't exactly worth aspiring to, even if it is a tad more controlled than standard. [/qb][/b]
I was hoping that the first response could have been more helpful. Some of us haven't been able to save up for the KONI upgrade yet and until that day comes, we'll just have to put up with the standard kit. [/qb][/b]
Don't worry, I ran the standard Aero set up for 9 years, including trackdays and was pretty quick up until I put koni's on it in June.

A still have the Aero struts and springs in the garage as I wasn't going to cut up a set of good and un replaceable struts just for Koni's.

Andrew [/qb][/b][/quote]Andrew,

If you still have your originals...would you mind having a look at the part numbers on them?

Thanks

·
Registered
276 Posts
The reference numbers printed on my old Aero front struts (MY95) are: Sachs part no. 14 1500 115 157, Saab part no. 4194 338, V144. Part number: 4199 899 refers to the standard turbo strut and is the part Saab will supply if you request Aero struts.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.