Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 9000 '94 M Reg has an alarm fitted that works fine for now - but for various reasons I want to get rid of it. It's a Cobra alarm fitted in the engine bay and when I bought the car, it came with only one fob. The alarm body looks like it has a keyhole for override - but I have no key. Is there an easy way to disarm it permanently? I know there are companys out there that can do it for 60 quid, but I'd rather see if I can't do it myself. Any ideas? Thanks.

·
Registered
461 Posts
I had a similarly unwanted Cobra in our CSE, with a remote locking module and a habit of going-off at incomvenient times. After considering opening up the siren box and snipping a wire to prevent it ever sounding, I set about working my way through all of the connections, snipping them and tidying-up after.

It took a couple of hours and the removal of the glovebox, but was pretty simple really. I only snipped a couple of wires at any time before checking the car by starting (or attempting to start) the engine and locking/unlocking the doors in order to confirm the state of operation and to indicate to myself which wires were the vital ones.

It was a professionally installed setup, and I finished up with a carrier bag crammed with lengths of wire and black plastic boxes, so I saved weight too!

Carl

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.