Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all... my first posting on this site since I have moved from Volvo to Saab (9000 CSE eco 1993). I expect this topic is buried in the bowels of the bb however can anyone advise me on replacing the remote controls (it is a IA 200 SAAB oem)

My local SAAB dealer has quoted £31 + vat (4 weeks delivery) Is this a good deal or has anyone obtained a third party unit which does the job? Also does anyone manufacture combined remote control keys?

Thanks in anticipation

·
Registered
5,925 Posts
Welcome to the board Deebel

That doesn't sound too bad a price - I paid £75 from a third party about 3 years ago for a Cobra alarm fob (shape of a 9). Apologies if I've got the wrong end of the stick on this one!

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Kevin,

I phoned the dealer Westcars SAAB in Glasgow(parts dept) and the bloke seemed to know what I was talking about (black rectangle with one button red led and SAAB engraved on face) so I assume the price is correct.

If that is a reasonable price I will stick with the Saab one.

Thanks

Deebel

·
Registered
2,599 Posts
Hi deebel, welcome to the board. Great to see a convert
Never had to get a replacement remote but given the prices of most Saab parts the price you have been quote sounds good. I assume its not just a simple new battery thats required.

·
Registered
4,215 Posts
sounds reasonable to me ...
third party remotes for my aero cobra alarm were around 35 squid so westcars do not seem to be ripping you off
btw I have had some good experience with the parts dept there ...the guy seems to know his stuff...
ps good to see another scottish poster !!

·
Registered
706 Posts
Having just had all my locks replaced and purchased a new alarm remote (all due to theft!) i can tell you that the newer 9000 alarm & immobilizer remote was £45 (this is the flat eggshaped one).

I would suggest that you'll have trouble getting any 'cheap' remote for ANY alarm system!

Skiddins

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.