Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone any experience of the radiator fans starting up after the car has been switched off for several minutes and setting the car alarm off ??
Any ideas how to fix this annoying problem

Thanks
Darren

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Its a cobra alarm system, but it was fitted by SAAB Manchester when the car was new. Must admit its not a very technical alarm though it seems to do its job (apart from the fans setting it off) !!

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
I have a Cobra alarm on mine - the fan doesn't set it off. I have the manual with fitting instructions for it. I'll try to remember to look it out and let you know what needs doing.
If I remember correctly there is DIL switch unit underneath the connector block, accessible by removing 3 screws and unplugging the connector. One of the switches turns of the voltage sensing function.

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
The mini switches are marked 1 - 4 and their functions are;

Switch 1.
ON - Programmed for current drain
OFF - Programmed for direct contact only

Switch 2.
ON - Programmed to operate vacuum central door locking systems
OFF - Programmed to operate electric central door locking systems

Switch 3.
ON - Programmed for continous siren
OFF - Programmed for intermittent siren

Switch 4.
ON - Ensure that this is left in the ON position at all times.

When mini switch 1 is programmed for direct contact only, then the blue wire must be connected to the door switches.

The above is from the fitting guide I hope it helps. The wiring shows the door switches and the bonnet and boot switches to be connected to the blue wire via a diode block.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts