Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 9000CDS is fitted with a Sigma alarm, (which was on the car when I bought it) Overnight the alarm malfunctioned and activated, resulting in a flattened battery. (yes, we slept through it?)
I eventually tracked down the Sigma technical dept. who, not unexpectedly, refused to release any info & helpfully suggested the car be towed to the nearest sigma agent.
Ideally I would like to just by-pass the alarm circuit & overcome the immobiliser. Any suggestions, knowledge out there. My other 9000 fitted with a different system has a key to switch the alarm on or off, how simple.

·
Registered
14,305 Posts
If it's a Thatcham approved alarm things will be difficult unless you take it to an expert I'm afraid- for example all the wires from the control unit are black; identifiers are removed at installation. IIRC the Thatcham standard also strongly discourages making the wiring info readily available to non-approved fitters.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I now find myself in the bizarre situation of answering my own post?
I suspect the fault was caused by a loose fuse , 1 of 3 associated with the alarm, buried in a group behind the "glove" box. These modern vehicles, mutter mutter,..... never had this problem on the 96, your average car thief would never find the gear lever for a start.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.