Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dear every body I have been suffering some airflow noises from windscreen air conductions (i.e. the openings on the dash to drive air to winscreen inner part.... forgive me if this is not the accurate word, I'm spanish).

I've been told at my garage that they don`t knowd where it comes from, and that they need to have the car for some time to try something.

Before I begin pay for undefined labour hours I would like to ask all of you if you can hel me.

The nosie is like a vibration of a plastic part and I think it is due to airflow because it appears and speeds of 100 mph aprox or at slower speeds if wind is heavy. The car has not any vibration at steering weel and drives great.

Thanks in advance for your valuable help.

Greetings from Spain,

SUSO

·
Registered
706 Posts
Although I'm not sure exactly what is causing the problem, i believe the top of the dashboard can be removed to allow fairly easy access to those parts.

If you do this a passenger might be able to feel around while you drive to see if anything they touch stops the noise.

Skiddins

·
Registered
142 Posts
Also you could try removing dashboard & passenger vents to see if anything has becom lodged in the hoses. From memory, the vents are removed from the rear of the fascia. You could also check for leaves etc in the 'aquarium'.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.