Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone!

I'm new here, but am hoping that you might be able to help me out...

I am borrowing my Dad's '91 9000SE Turbo for a few months as I'm in between cars (I'm a bit of a VW enthusiast - sorry!). I am getting far too comfy in it though (a chap can get used to leather, wood, cruise control etc...) but the only problem it has is that the climate control system seems to be knackered. It doesn't matter what temperature I set it to, it just blasts out hot air. Even if I turn it off, hot air comes out of the vents when the car is moving. The compressor appears to be working, as the revs dip when I switch it on. I imagine it needs re-gassing, but the fact that hot air comes out even when it's off leads me to think that something else might be wrong...

Anyone got any ideas?

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
The actuator motor for the mixer flap may be broken or quite commonly on the earlier cars the lever breaks off the flap.
If you remove the cover off the false bulkhead panel behind the motor and look down to the left of the heater blower you should see a short lever with a rod attached. When the temperature is altered on the ACC the rod should move. If it doesn't the actuator motor is duff, if the lever is broken it should be apparent.
Saab sell a repair kit for this lever so it must be a very common fault - happened to my first 9000 but there was no kit then and I had to replace the flap. What a job that was

1 - 3 of 3 Posts