Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
hottest day of the year and aircon packs up. Battery voltage at red wire going to compressor, but compressor does not engage. Gas was recharged in December.
Decided to hit (well tap really) the compressor pulley and it all kicked into action. Very effective and cool when working.
Happened twice now. Aircon worked this morning, but needed persuading this afternoon.
I can remember a thread that explained how to set up the airgap on the pulley. Used 'search' but still can't find it.
Anyone out there got the information hidden away?
Car is a 95 9K CSE 2.0 LPT

cheers

wayne

On the same day the drivers electric window jammed down, drivers door wouldn't shut properly and starter motor decided it was too hot and needed a rest. Ideal circumstances for a quiet pint while it cooled down

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for that piece of information. I think I may be able to avoid saturday clothes shopping now!
My day didn't get any better, packing my tools away i noticed my wifes Pug 306 XRDT (don't ask, she wanted a 'pretty car', but it does 50mpg) had a front tyre showing canvas.
When I pointed it out to her she said 'i might have hit a really deep pothole last week, is it important?'

Never mind eh!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.