Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know is is discussed elsewhere but to kind of freshen it up

I get the SID airbag warning since last week. Quite random - on start up or just driving along. It goes out its own and reappears and goes out with perhaps a minute between or 30 mins between events. I find myself shouting 'shut up!' at the bing bong.

Now the SID says I have a brake light out but they're all working fine

I have wobbled wires under the seats but I can't really get at them to properly inspect

93 aero convertiible 2005

·
Registered
27 Posts
I know is is discussed elsewhere but to kind of freshen it up

I get the SID airbag warning since last week. Quite random - on start up or just driving along. It goes out its own and reappears and goes out with perhaps a minute between or 30 mins between events. I find myself shouting 'shut up!' at the bing bong.

Now the SID says I have a brake light out but they're all working fine

I have wobbled wires under the seats but I can't really get at them to properly inspect

93 aero convertiible 2005
Anything to do with any of the airbag Recalls? I'd guess the first thing to do would be to try for some Codes.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Anything to do with any of the airbag Recalls? I'd guess the first thing to do would be to try for some Codes.
All the warnings have stopped now, so a code reader won't be any use I don't think.

I suppose it's just the SAAB way of doing things, the SID is simply unreliable. The car is overcomplicated electrically. Fine when they are brand new and under warranty, not so fine down the line,

·
Registered
27 Posts
Somebody will correct me, but I thought (that's an oxymoron) the codes stayed in memory? I have been wrong 4 times already this year ….. !

·
Super Moderator
3,072 Posts
Tones I think you are right, so 1 out of 5 ant bad .
If you read the codes it should come up as an historical code .

1 - 5 of 5 Posts