Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
has anyone here thought of possibly putting a vent on the hood in front of the intake? I kinda think this would solve the under bonnet air problem. Anyone know a good place to get these or want to tell me this isn't as good an idea as i thought

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
Here is what I did to ensure I got colder air into my intake. I did the normal airbox mod which is to take the tube off the front and drill a new hole so you can install a larger size tube. But instead of going with stright pipe, I got a 30 some degree angle so that the opening of the tube was just down below the bottom of the headlight through the hole underneath the normal intake tube opening.

Uh, I hope you can understand that. Barely makes sense to me!

·
Registered
74 Posts
Again did the usual larger pipe mod but made an aluminium casing to box in the cone filter and direct the air better. This also sheilds more engine heat from filter. Only problem is I'm no sheet metal worker so it doesn't make the engine bay look too good.
Air vent is probably a good idea but trying to get one that looks good on a saab could prove the problem unless your car looks like the 'realcar.se' motor. In this case try demontweeks for a large range of vents.

·
Registered
22 Posts
X burn, I assume you're using a cone air filter, cos I would have thought bonnet vent wouldn't help the standard air box as its intake is by the bumper grill.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts