Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
608 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am experiencing a very odd noise, which at first I thought was my drive belt or a/c clutch.

However, I have traced the noise to my airbox, every time I lift off the gas I get a weird noise in my airbox, almost sounds like the filter is spinning in the airbox!

My spec is

9000 2.3 lpt (manual)
Abbott ECU
JR sports filter
MBC
Abbott intake pipe
Abbott atmos dump valve
Abbott downpipe and system (was going another route, thought Id stick with Abbott)

Abbott say that I should use the ITG foam filter, which may cure the problem, I thought maybe drilling the airbox, but I have been told this is a def NO NO as I may some loose torque

I am at Abbott tomorrow, just wondered if anyone had had the same problem before and found a cure ?

Cheers

·
Registered
14,305 Posts
At the risk of stating the rude and obvious, it soudns like the normal operation of an atmospheric dump valve that you are describing...

Say hi to my car whilst you're there... the headless white 9000

·
Registered
608 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No problem with your comment, but, no having had numerous cars with atmos dump valves, its def not that noise !!

I could def trace the noise to the airbox, took it over to two stroke to turbo and they confirmed the same !

I will keep an eye out for your car, although every time I have been to abbott (4 times in a month!) it has been chucking it down, and from forecast tomorrow looks to be the same !

·
Registered
160 Posts
Originally posted by saab90002.3t:
[qb]No problem with your comment, but, no having had numerous cars with atmos dump valves, its def not that noise !!    

I could def trace the noise to the airbox, took it over to two stroke to turbo and they confirmed the same !

I will keep an eye out for your car, although every time I have been to abbott (4 times in a month!) it has been chucking it down, and from forecast tomorrow looks to be the same ! [/qb][/b]
If your talkin about a spinning everytime you lift off the gas i just got the same problem. The harder I push the gas and then release it the more the noise. Its been comin and going though....

If you find the problem please tell me. Thanx

·
Registered
608 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes, the problem was found, the atmospheric dump valve was to blame, it was causing an air pressue build up in the air box, resulting in this awful noise. Swapped over the dump valve for the recirculating type and the noise ceased !

All is fine once again, lost the "whoosh" noise thoug.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts