Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have 2 air mass meters from old 1987 2.0t's

I am looking at getting a 1993 j plate (if I've calculated it right) 2.0t the only difference I know about is the j plate has direct ignition where as the old car is the old distributor type setup.

I have to collect the car from a long (150 miles) distance and if the meters are the same then no problem I can take 2 with me and fit and drive back (on borrowed trade plates)

However if different. I need to get a mate with a car trailer to get the beastie back while I try to find the right part.

Any spec heads out there who can help?

keep

·
Registered
14,305 Posts
Unlikely I'm afraid ,

There were quite a few variations in spec depending upon whether it's turbo, or has a cat

If the car won't run because of an AMM fault, then why not find out the part number of the existing unit, get a s/h one and take it with you?

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
precisly what I'm intending, have part number of one i need but not with me (DOH!)have to check and see what part number I have on my old one if electrical conections the same would an old one "get me home"
Alternative is car trailer!

·
Registered
8,948 Posts
For 1990-1993 B202 engines
Mass air flow sensor

PartNo : 7872393
Usage : 1991-, TURBO
Without catalytic converter.

PartNo : 7538655
Usage : TURBO
With catalytic converter.

PartNo : 7872385
Usage : 1991-, I
Without catalytic converter.

PartNo : 7538663
Usage : I
With catalytic converter.

Andrew

·
Registered
8,216 Posts
Bill, I believe it's a 1991 model.
I'm pretty sure '90-'93 AMMs were different from the '87 AMM. I'm told that it is possible to tell by the fact that earlier AMMs had a metal body, while later ones had a plastic one. They are electrically incompatible.

If only we had thought to take the number of the AMM while we were looking the car over.

Perhaps we'd have thought of it if we hadn't been standing in an almighty downpour at the time...

Perhaps worth messaging the "other guy" who advertised the car on SaabCentral? He might be prepared to go and have a look for you as he doesn't live that far from the guy who owns the car.

If you were really desperate, I think you could drive it, but the owner told me it was a real pain at every junction. If you were to try driving it home, I'd make sure to bring plenty of petrol as it will be running rich with the AMM unplugged and we didn't have much petrol to put in it the day we looked at it. Oh, and take some jump leads, as the battery was flat and the owner doesn't have a charger. It ran when started from a spare battery, though.

I'd really love to see this car have another crack at life. The bodywork looks good (although in need of a polish) and the interior just needs a bit of a clean due to standing for months. If I had room, I'd have had it myself (mug that I am).

·
Registered
8,216 Posts
Doh! Andrew beat me to it as I was typing my reply.

I'm not sure the AMM will have a Saab part number stamped on it (don't know for sure, as I don't currently have a Saab with an AMM).

Worth a quick advert in the classifieds for a suitable one? Or perhaps someone here can lend you one to get the car home?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts