Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi
I’ve had my first Saab only 8 weeks and love it but can’t believe how hot it gets under the hood even when I’m taking it easy.
After reading this and other forums one thing I have come across many times is the issue of engine and turbo temperature. Would cooling the engine be a benifit. I’ve come across a product too reduce the engine temp (http://www.rockcrawler.com/features/newsshorts/04april/dei_radiatorrelief.asp)
What about lagging the pipes in and out of the turbo and the intercooler, with the effect of lowering the air temp when it reaches the engine to gain more power and quicker spool time. Would this help.
I’ve come across this site selling all the stuff needed. (www.agriemach.com/default.php?cPath=0_7&osCsid=9893d9cdc901d9959943d6f9a44a2857).
Would lagging the manifold to reduce the temp under the hood be a good idea.
My Saab is a 2001 (Y) 93 Coupe, 185bhp B205L engine and a trionic 7 with nothing modified as yet.
ANYBODY GOT ANY IDEAS ABOUT THE COOLING GIVING MORE POWER. OR WILL IT CAUSE PROBLEMS ?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.