Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My sister has a 9000 cs which she has to bleed the clutch on as the pedal goes soft on her. there is no fluid loss from the res will it be the flex pipe, the master cly or the slave cly, the clutch is working perfict in between bleeds and the bite point is just right.
ta in advance microcat36

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
Clutch problems with no loss of fluid are usually a result of a faulty master cylinder. This is a very common problem on the 9000. If you check the archives there will be loads about it.

·
Registered
138 Posts
A friend of mine had lots of problems with her hydraulic clutch on her 9000 and she bled it loads of times without much success, until I suggested she get one of those pressure bleeders from halfords, she bled it using that and it's been fine ever since.

·
Registered
428 Posts
Originally posted by Derek:
[qb]Clutch problems with no loss of fluid are usually a result of a faulty master cylinder. This is a very common problem on the 9000. If you check the archives there will be loads about it. [/qb][/b]
Confirmed !

Unfortunately only after having thought we had eliminated the problem and taken the gearbox / clutch out to replace the slave cylinder

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.