Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all
Can anyone tell me if my car (1993 aero) should have both the pressure monitor switches listed in the parts catalogue? In the catalogue there appears to be a four wire sensor on the gas reservoir and a two wire sensor on the bottom right hand end of the condensor. But looking at mine I can't see one on the condensor . Or was it one of those 'only fitted for certain markets' thing and I only have the four wire reservoir sensor?

BTW, my fan doesn't cut for the air con' so I'm assuming it might be a broken wire somewhere, or a faulty pressure sensor, but I don't want to do anything if it simply isn't going to work due to an entirely missing sensor.

·
Registered
2,928 Posts
I'm pretty sure you should only have one pressure switch, down behind the right hand headlight. The blue wire should trigger the low speed fan when the A/C system pressure gets high. Sounds like it's time to run a new wire from switch to relay (near the battery). Check that the low speed fan runs when the engine gets hot, otherwise you might as well run two wires whilst you are at it. Do not run the aircon unless you are moving reasonably quickly until you get the fan fixed, or you run the risk of blowing the rupture disk, which is messy and expensive.

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Mark
My car doesn't curretly have a two speed fan, but I'm curretly trying to get this sorted using info from other posts on this forum. It was while reading one of these posts that the subject of a pressure sensor on the condensor came up and on checking the parts catalogue sure enough...it was listed. It seemed odd to have two though which is why I wondered if not all AC's had it or whether mine was the result of an incorrect condenser being fitted?

Hopefully there is only meant to be the one and I can just go about routing a replacement cable from switch to relay, as you said.

While on the subject of putting in new electrics, is there a recommended type of auto connector that doesn't corrode too badly and comes apart when it's menat to without falling apart?

Kev

·
Registered
13 Posts
hi
Although it's hardly definitive, I went through the same dilemma on my '94 NG900, which has the single 4 pin pressure sensor and a blanking bolt. The later condensors (SAAB got the part much beefier by 2001) have a second 2 pin sensor next to the 4 pin one on the receiver/drier, I don't know why.. but I don't need it to get nice cold cheeks !

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.