Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have tried to upgrade my original Saab audio in a 2008 9-3 Aero sport wagon and have perfect reception only when the engine is off. Once engine is started there is a continuous and very annoying hum which is not speed dependant. Would ground loop isolators help this or what else can be done? Regards

·
Super Moderator
3,056 Posts
Hello villagesaab yes your on the money with that one
on mine when I did the upgrade I got a kinda intermittent whistle every 30 seconds , never got to the bottom of that one ,

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi, All. I finally resolved all issues with fitting an aftermarket radio to my SAAB 9-3 Aero. Previous unwanted hums and background noises have been eliminated. Kit used is as follows:
Autoleads FB-32-03 Facia adaptor single din
Autoleads PC9-415 Harness adaptor for use with amplified system
Autoleads DAB-AA1 Windscreen aerial fitted to the A pillar and positioned vertically.
Radio World Ground loop isolators (2 needed)
Sony MEX N 6002 BD Head Unit

The plug in GR Isolators fit between the head unit RCA outs and the harness adaptors and eliminated all noises from the signal - excellent result.

This install has been difficult but simple when you obtain the correct items. The Sony worked much better than a Pioneer unit on trial.

Hope this helps someone in a similar situation as the reward is a superb DAB/FM/Bluetooth/ USB/CD player installation with 220 watts output.

Regards villagesaab
DSC02393.jpg DSC02394.jpg DSC02399.jpg ground loop isol.jpg DSC02392.jpg

1 - 4 of 4 Posts