Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
8,948 Posts
Easy way's?

Having the original flat Aero wheels

Having a 'P' as the year code on the vin (10th char), and if manual a 'R' in the 8th

Having the 75701 Gearbox

Having the older rev counter style (green lights on symbol etc)

Andrew

·
Registered
1,673 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well I dont have the "flat" wheels (but the could have been changed, probably not but you never know.
I'll check for the P or R in the chassis, I'll check the g/box no's.
And I have the green "light's on" indicator in the rev counter.
It's probably not an early Aero but I'll have a look anyway.
Are the best Aero's about the 95' year.

·
Registered
3,892 Posts
Originally posted by Axl:
[qb]Are the best Aero's about the 95' year. [/qb][/b]
There really is so little differences between all the years, that there is no best year really.

The first MY93.5's had these unique features as all ready mentioned which makes them the most substantially different to any other year.
The only other things these had was TCS, which came on the MY94's as well and was an option on MY95. Depending on your financial circumstances a TCS equipped Aero may not be desirable if it goes wrong, so on that small point only, a MY96 or MY97 may possibly be considered the best years for an Aero.

·
Registered
14,305 Posts
It's very difficult to say on spec. The unique MY93 had the better engine; later models have better gearboxes.

However as they are all now getting on I'd say the best to go for would be one of the later ones.

·
Registered
1,673 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ok, so spec wise there much the same, what's been done to power, eg has the Aero for the extra power.
I'm sure I read somewhere it has a bigger turbo, is there some fancy ecu work too, just wondering.

·
Registered
8,216 Posts
Originally posted by David Taylor:
[qb]Everyone keeps saying the '93 has TCS[/qb][/b]
I think that has come from the US where it may have been true. As far as I can make out it was always optional on the Aero in the UK.
As for your 9000, axl, if it's an auto then it has the same engine spec. regardless of whether it's an Aero or not. Only the manual Aero had the higher spec. engine.

·
Registered
8,948 Posts
Originally posted by Axl:
[qb]Ok, so spec wise there much the same, what's been done to power, eg has the Aero for the extra power.
I'm sure I read somewhere it has a bigger turbo, is there some fancy ecu work too, just wondering. [/qb][/b]
Bigger turbo, tweaked ecu and a few other bits like spoilers, lowered stiffer suspension, 25mm struts (from 22m), 16" alloys, different seats etc.

Have a look here http://webpages.charter.net/ralimi/aero/aero-spec.html

Andrew

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.