Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Iv'e tried searching for an answer but with no luck. came out this morning to find the boost gauge not working and obviously no boost. Have got manual boost valve. It's got abbott ecu and only 56k on the clock.

·
Registered
14,305 Posts
Does the boost gauge move to the left at all when you start the engine up?

Apart from the lack of boost, is it driving OK?

If so and you have no perceivable boost, then it's likely that the arm has come off the wastegate, or the wastegate is stuck open.

If not, if you can give us a little more description, we'll be able to offer more advice.

HTH

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Mark,
the gauge neddle is constant on the line between white and yellow. apart from that the car seems ok.

·
Registered
8,216 Posts
Heyes, it sounds as if you have a hose loose somewhere or perhaps a very badly shot dump valve. I'd look for broken or disconnected vacuum hoses in the first instance, and other larger hoses that might have popped off. Look at the underside of the throttle body, as that's where I had a hose pop off my Aero.

·
Registered
608 Posts
Me too, after the ECU upgrade the hose onto the throttle body came off, resulting in no boost. Luckily for me it happened whilst I was still near Abbotts, so just turned around and headed back to them

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for all your advice, have checked all hoses etc. as much as I know how with no luck. If haggag01 would like to call me on 07831 460087 or pm me, maybe he being the most local could check in more detail.

·
Registered
765 Posts
hello heyes,

going up to aberdeen for a few days will be back wed lunchtime, could organsise something for wed night ?

HTH Haggag01

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Finally found the problem, it was a torn hose behind the throttle housing. Couldn't see it for looking at it. Thanks for your input Haggag01, it would still be good to meet sometime if you are passing the bay, you've got the number

1 - 9 of 9 Posts