Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry for the trivia but i'm starting to get excited, house move getting nearer which means that time to drive my Aero is also nearing and after being off the road for nearly 6 months, my wife took it for an MOT this morning and it went straight through.

Nothing stellar about that but just another step nearer to funtime.

·
Registered
8,948 Posts
Originally posted by David Taylor:
[qb]No cat?  How'd you manage that for the emissions? [/qb][/b]
Carly is a 1991 so exempt if it's not there as are 1992 models (even though it was standard on the car....)

The Aero doesn't have one on for 363 days of the year either.

Andrew

·
Registered
2,599 Posts
My Red 2.3T CSE passed its MOT yesterday as well. Still needs brake light and exhaust manifold stud (I'll do that when I do the head gasket, chains and guides - 115k so may as well bite the bullet soon)

·
Registered
2,599 Posts
I've already got mine from those nice chaps at Elkparts. I got two lots (no sprockets) but have only done one of my 9ks - no sprocket wear so hopefully the other one will be the same.

I've said before that I convinced sprocket wear of the balance shafts only happens when the balance shaft chain tensioner guides wears and mine was very worn at 120k, thats one reason I'll be doing the other even though the head gasket hasnt failed.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.