Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi colleagues,
As I read on several topics here, AERO has not direct temp measuring. The position of gauge needle depends on more magnitudes.
Temp gauge on my MY97 Aero behaves strange - when the engine is warming up it oscillate in first half of gauge - it's not periodical - sometimes it's up, sometimes down. When the engine is warmed up, it stays in position below the half of the gauge.
My picture is, that some values doesn't reach the ECU?
Do you know what values are involving this gauge and which wires I should check?

Thank you very much.
Jan.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Forgot to mention, that I've changed thermostat last week. Today, on my way to work, temp didn't even reach the normal value (as read from the gauge). It's about 30 kilometers ...

·
Registered
2,599 Posts
ECU has a seperate temp sensor i.e. has its own sensor between the inlet manifold runners - it has a blue plastic body.
Sensor for the temp gauge in the car is fitted into the cylinder head. I'd give the wires connected to it a clean at the first connector.

·
Registered
545 Posts
Was it like this before replacing the thermostat. If not then the new one could be faulty. I had this once on a new Saab part which caused the temperature gauge to cycle up and down, presumably as it opened and closed. Replacement cured the problem and the gauge was then steady. Was on a 1988 900i.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.