Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8,948 Posts
off the top of my head.

It's lower by 8mm rear and 5mm front
Stiffer (poss 10%)
the dampers are 3 mm larger in diameter (25mm not 22mm) to reduce 'sticktion' when the 22mm dampers would flex and stick the suspension at a level in cornering then quickly slip to the correct point.
tyres are 5% taller in profile.
Roll bars are 19mm front and rear (normal are 18mm, carlssons had none, one or both at 19mm?)

Andrew

·
Registered
276 Posts
Hi

While we're talking Aero suspension, has anyone tried to order the correct front struts from Saab? I've been trying for over 7 months and am currently running around on the turbo spec ones as that's all Saab can offer, and yes it's horrible! I tried speaking to Sachs and they refered me back to Saab which was nice.

Thinking about fitting Bilstein sport shox all round. Does anyone have experience of running an Aero with these fitted?

·
Registered
778 Posts
Hi,
I have them all around on my Aero (BillJ has
a picture of my Aero on his site). They were
more reasonable, price-wise, here in the
'States. I think I paid around £266 for all four.
They're a bit stiffer than the stock Sachs, but
they make her corner with admirable aplomb.
I've heard others complain that
they were too harsh, but it's all subjective, eh?
I would certainly consider the adjustable Konis: although they are more expensive than
the Bilsteins, they probably can be had cheaper than the stock ones from Saab.

·
Registered
778 Posts
Sorry about the delay, but yes I do have stock '97 Aero springs. My driving is mostly on highways. If I were to bring it to a track, which I'd love to do, I'd consider putting different, lower, springs.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.