Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,597 Posts
I think the CD has different rear spring size (not 100%) and can't speak for the earlier hatch. As for the CS Aero springs - they will fit all CS models OK. The dampers on the aero are different (and the front struts are a slightly different size too) but they are still bolt on items for the whole CS range.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Does anyone know how aero springs compare to those in the bilstein sprintline kits? I have some aero springs that I intended fitting to my 9000cse but when shopping for dampers I found the entire kit was only £10 more than dampers alone. Any sugestions on which springs to use? I want to improve the handling but not make it too uncomfortable.

·
Registered
1,597 Posts
most other aftermarket springs are considerably firmer than the standard and aero springs. To be quite honest its a bit of a minefield - and its always difficult to judge based on a written opinion.
If you are worried about the ride suffering, the only sure way is to go in a car with the set-up you are planning (easier said than done).
I've just ordered my abbott springs as they are firmer than the Aero springs I have, but dont drop the car by miles and aren't going to be too painful. They also seem to have done a good bit of testing and I havent heard a bad word said on the abbott/koni set-up. They are more expensive than the others, but not by miles.

·
Registered
1,597 Posts
I actually quite like it although I have a b***rd setup at the mo with a full Aero setup except Koni's on the back (the back shocks were worn so was forced to start the upgrade).
Overall I would say the ride and handling of the standard aero is 'fine' - better than standard - but with the koni's (set to a firmish 1.5turns at the back) its much much more composed on difficult terrain where you might get a lot of body movement.
Driving fast on an undulating road, the back is solid while you can feel the front has more 'float' to it.
So - keeping the aero springs and uprating the dampers would certainly not be a bad move but how the aero springs would match with Bilsteins(which I think are some of the firmest available??) I can't say. For the extra money- 10gbp, why not get the bilstein springs too and then you can decide which springs you prefer.
Have a good look through the rest of this site for comments on springs etc. Apart from getting totally confused, you'll pick up some good info.

·
Registered
276 Posts
I'm running standard Aero springs with Bilstein Sport dampers and am very happy with the way the car handles and rides.

The dampers in the Sprintline kit are different to the Sport dampers: Sport dampers are designed for use with standard length springs whereas the Sprint dampers are designed for use with lowered springs (-35mm/-40mm).

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
Originally posted by Aeroboy:
[qb]The dampers in the Sprintline kit are different to the Sport dampers: Sport dampers are designed for use with standard length springs whereas the Sprint dampers are designed for use with lowered springs (-35mm/-40mm).
[/qb][/b]
The dampers in the Sprintline kit for the 9000 are Sport dampers. There are no Sprint dampers for the 9000.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.