Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello dear SAAB-friends,

This is my first message on this Topic, and it won't probably be my last. I am from Belgium, and I am not so used to speak Englisch, my apologies!

I am owner of a 9000 CD 2.3 16v model '91, with a lot of modifications done on it.

One of the modification I have done a while ago: I have equiped my car with AZEV 17" wheels with 215-45 tyres on the front, and 235-40 on the rear.

Now I would also like to put AERO shok absorbers on it, but I am not sure first of all I can put them on my "normal" CD, and secondly I am not sure I won't have a problem with my low and wide tyres.

Before trying to do it, maybe a few of you can tell me more about it?

Best regards,

Nicolas

·
Registered
14,305 Posts
Hi Nicolas and welcome to Saabscene

Yes, I believe you should be able to fit Aero shock absorbers on your car without any problems. They don't actually lower the height so you won't get any rubbing.

They are a bit stiffer than standard shock absorbers, so your suspension will have greater damping.

215/45-17 tyres are, IMO, the optimum for 9000s. (I have the same size fitted front and back). I have my car lowered 40mm all round and have no rubbing problems.

·
Registered
968 Posts
Originally posted by Scaero (Maptun stg3):
[qb]Yes, Aero shocks would fit without problems, would you change the springs too?

Also, I've heard rumours that the Aero shocks are no longer available.

Can anyone confirm?

Andrew [/qb][/b]
I renewed the fronts on my CSE Turbo and was going to get Aero's, but, Euro's said they couldnt get them and German and Swedish couldnt too. Didnt try Saab cos I guessed they would be very pricey if they could get em..

·
Registered
276 Posts
I couldn't get any from Saab when I tried in June 2002 and gave up trying in March 2003 when Saab still couldn't supply any. I went for Bilsteins in the end.

It would be interesting to find out what the current supply situation is...

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hello guys,

This is realy good news I can replace my standard shoks/springs by those of an AERO (thanks Mark
).
With the AERO shoks and springs I am shire the handling of my 9000 will be much better than with the basic ones, which are even dangerous on the Belgian roads (only curves )

If shoks/springs from a CS AERO are going under CD non-turbo I suppose it is possible to exchange the shoks/springs on any 9000 (CC,CS,CD,turbo and non-turbo)?

But I am surprised the shoks/springs from a Turbo/Aero are not lower than the other models.

I was hoping to drop also my car a little bit with the Aero springs but so that will be less good news .

Maybe I can replace the Aero springs by for ex Eibach lowering springs? would this also be a safe option?

But than I could also have problems with the tyres I thinck. The 215s shouldn't be a problem as Mark said. But the 235s...
Maybe I should go to 225 (does anybody have experience with it? lowered? with/without spacers?)...or even 215... aw aw aw
this is not a so good news when you like wide tyres , it's such a pleasure for the eyes
...it makes one beautifull line with the rest of the body...

For those who doesn't know it, I would like to say: it is not possible to put 235-40-17 under your 9000, without spacers!
For those who don't lower their car I can recommend 235. for lowered 9000s I hope other members can give an answer on it...

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Smokee coyote,

I just see your 9000 is equipped all around with 235... I have to say I am surprised becaused I have tryed this to and on the front and it was rubbing!...but maybe it is because I have 8"rims?

And also it would surprise me if your rims/tyres doesn't stick out on the front?

And what does surprise me once again is that the car is lowered (with Aero lowers or what do you mean?) with such a rims and tyres, this is uncredible!
I will have to try it, would be good news...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.