Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
662 Posts
If you plan to do the seats yourself it is not too difficult. The leather may be in need of a 'feed' so you could try a light application of saddle soap and then buff up when dry. If you have the reversed hide inserts ( suede), you will need to 'lightly' sand-paper these panels to restore the colour and texture. Make sure you use sand-paper which is light in colour NOT emery paper as this can leave dark marks on the suede. I use this method on saddles and seems to work really well.

·
Registered
8,948 Posts
Rob,

Would you like to demonstrate your technique on my Carly next time we meet. I'm sure we could get a willing audience.

With these seats having leather, suede, needing 2 splits in the suede repaired and a little seam stitching you could show your master skills in a teaching session.

Andrew

·
Registered
50 Posts
There is a firm in Bradford if you get really stuck, they are A.S. Pickering Tel 01274 724000, I found them to be really helpful, the guy I spoke to was David Brown. But he's not really local to you. There is another chap in your area Ian Whittley who has his finger on the button but he cannot be contacted for a few days, if you would like I could contact him in a couple of days, let me know .

Michael

·
Registered
662 Posts
Andrew,
I would have thought the grab handle used by your passengers would be the item in most need of repair, replacement even

As for your Carly seats
Surprised they have lasted as long as they have. I am not sure I would recommend saddle soap and sandpaper in your case
Perhaps a metre or two of Velcro with a similar amount on the seat of your trousers might provide a solution ?

·
Registered
192 Posts
Try DECASOL leather cleaning gel first. It's orange in colour but don't let that put you off! Use with damp cloth or for stubborn areas, rub gently with a nailbrush, wipe off excess and allow to dry.

The amount of muck that comes out is incredible, even in the cleanest car!! Not on the suede, of course.

Autoglym leather care is good afterwards.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.