Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have always had a love hate relationship with my Aero seats, they look great but they do not suit my back. I have the option of getting the foam changed and sculptured to my back or to buy a replacement set, Recaro or Cobra. If I decide to change, what sort of price could I expect for a pair of '97 Rocky Black seats in fully working condition with 140k on them, just a small couple of cracks on the drivers seat.

Dave.

·
Registered
3,892 Posts
I pressume you intend to keep the car until it expires or you arn't bothered about it's resale value in the future if you are considering selling the seats, assuming that you have an Aero as apposed to a CS/CSE fitted with Aero seats..???

If either of the above isn't correct then look to trying to repad rather than replace.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes it is an Aero, and no I won't be selling in the near future. Despite spending in excess of £10k with Ed and his boys, I don't think I will get much return

The reason for the post was to see if the repadding cost (approx £500 if done properly) was similar to selling the Aero seats and buying replacements. So any ideas on value? £500 the pair?. If so, then I could change seats at around the same cost as for repadding.

Dave.

·
Registered
2,928 Posts
Marino,

£500 seems a lot to get two seats repadded. There's a good trimming shop in the Chertsey/Weybridge area, if that's anywhere near you.

Surrey Trimming Company, 01932 351251, 07802 484171, Paul Bird.

·
Registered
3,892 Posts
Bare in mind, a pair of 'decent' Recaro or similar will be the best part of up to £500+ each, I can't see how this can be cheaper than re-padding the standard Aero seats, plus you'd be losing the electric operation and heating function with aftermarket seats, unless you pay extra for this adding even more to the cost...

·
Registered
16,524 Posts
I would be very surprised if they don't repair leather. In my last car I had the seat repadded and a (albeit, cloth) panel let in. The finish was superb and the new panel looked original. Don't know exactly who did it because it was "outsourced" from my local garage.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.