Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I haev an Aero (93 TCS) which at present has the soleniod valve disconnected as Abbott fitted their manula boost (bleed)valve to fix over boosting which in their opinion was csued by a fault in the ECU. I must the car feels far more powerful and smoother power spread but I'm concerned about engine protection. I haev also experienced over boosting to but only really pushing the car.

Any ideas if this diagnosis is correct, the car is otherwise standard and all in good order.

I started down this route after reading about engine upgrades, as I also have a 2.0 lpt and want to some grunt from it. It's new to me and doesn't have a solenoid, which I now know is correct thanks to Elkparts technical help.

·
Registered
4,215 Posts
The manual boost valve will take away the protection from the apc valve which opens the wastegate if it senses too much boost
It sounds as if the ecu has a fault that prevents it controlling the APC valve so this is your only recourse apart from sorting out your ecu/apc
There is some-one who has had the same kind of problem and it seems to run ok (It is the green aero in the picture at the top of the page) and has had no ill effects as far as I am aware
However the control is dumb and may need to be adjusted from time to time especially if you are hitting overboost
You will still have ignition control of detonation
so something at least

1 - 2 of 2 Posts