Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,599 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bought an N-reg manual Aero this weekend

Sold our P-reg 2.3T auto (to my sister).

Rang the insurance company to swop the policy from the auto to the Aero, no problem sir - that will be a £10 refund

·
Registered
231 Posts
Perhaps it's time for us 'clutchless wonders' with the redundant left foot to form a pressure group and lobby for lower insurance premiums?.

We already suffer from increased fuel consumption as the result of our having 'fluid couplings' (sounds a bit rude doesn't it).

·
Registered
2,599 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Perhaps it's time for us 'clutchless wonders' with the redundant left foot to form a pressure group and lobby for lower insurance premiums?.[/b]
I guess there must be more low speed manouvering (parking) claims and damage from auto drivers when there foot hits the wrong pedal by mistake?

Anyway I was really happy, not often you get 25bhp and 50Nm more for £10 less on the insurance - best mod ever

·
Registered
231 Posts
I'm sure you're right about the claims experience. It seems that the switch from 3 pedals to 2 often cause confusion and, occasionally, very serious injuries or even deaths.

I read not long ago of an engine management fault (possibly in some Jag or BMW models?) that caused massive over fuelling and high rev surges with predictable consequences for the auto boxes.

Advice is to cover the brake pedal with the left foot at all times but it's not that easy to brake smoothly with that foot, don't know why!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.