Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok Im going to look at an Aero in the next few days,its a 1995 CS 120k miles two owners was sold by that highly thought of Saab tech in Glossop (sorry forgot his name)the owner is a Saab nut he's only owned it for around 6 months its his first 9000 normally a 900 man, full saab history, what I need to know is this the model with the dreaded TCS problems, could someone explain it to me please, he is looking for around 4k for it so the price seems ok

·
Registered
4,895 Posts
Well it's like this, if it goes wrong it costs about £1100 to fix it. Look for signs of the TCS light remaining illuminated, I know on my '92 it goes off after about 15 seconds of engine idle. Sometimes the light will go off is the engine is restarted. In the worst cases the car goes into limp mode which is effectively a backup cable throttle system.

·
Registered
4,895 Posts
To be honest a 1995 model SHOULD be better than the earlier ones. I know my car had a new throttle body fitted before I bought it and some of the early MY1991 cars have been known to have several TCS failures during their lifespan.

We need a few '95 Aero owners to step forward.

·
Registered
3,892 Posts
mpen,
All Aero's are not the same, the MY95 brochure states that TCS was standard on manual Aero and all V6 models.
As far as I'm aware TCS was dropped for MY96 and 97. I seem to remember someone on here saying it was an option on MY94..??...

For the owner to never have used TCS, would mean everytime after switching the ignition on he pushes the TCS switch on the dash, to de-activate the system, hence lighting up the orange TCS-OFF light on the dash.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Don't know about your particular car, but Richard Elliott is reliable & should be straight with you. If you are worried, you could always have an independent inspection, but at that mileage something could always break unexpectedly (or go on for yonks). Any work to the gearbox? (Autos good for 100k+, manuals pinion probs, I think)

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
Yes, I have a 95N Aero and TCS is not fitted You therefore obviously need to check. A bargaining point, perhaps, if it is fitted? Otherwise, check or the usual problems: DI cassette, heater matrix, clutch and gearbox.

·
Registered
8,216 Posts
Originally posted by Jason (Mr Torque-Steer):
[qb]Or he has TCS which can't be turned off.    [/qb][/b]
I'm pretty sure it was switchable on the '95. Alan B's '95 Aero has a switch. Like Jez's, my '96 N-reg Aero doesn't have TCS (thank goodness
).

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.