Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello folks,

The noises coming from my Aero gearbox have developed somewhat since my last posting. If you remember I had enquired about excessive stick movement and a metallic click going from drive to over-run (especially in third). The car now has a constant regular clatter on over-run. It goes into the garage on Tuesday to have the box out. The guy reckons on a failed bearing in the transmission. I will ask him to check the gearchange when the box is out because I think there is still a problem with either the syncro or a 'baulk ring' (if they exist in a Saab gearbox). Anyone with similar history let me know likely outcomes.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Car went to the dealer yesterday, got word today that they are fitting an exchange gearbox under warranty. I opted for new clutch bits while they had the box off, they are costing around £190. This looks like a good result.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Got the car back today, the diff and the gear selector were goosed so that explains the metallic click and stick movement plus the constant horrible 'graunching' noise on overrun. All quiet and steady now.

Perhaps my beeyootiful car had been slightly hammered before I bought it. Who would do that to an Aero????

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.