Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I was adjusting the very fine seats in my Aero the other day, when TWANGGG! the lumber adjustment went. I can turn the adjuster round, but it dosent hold its position... Any ideas?

How easy is it to fix?

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Sorry Mark,

I didn't intend to 'bump' anything anywhere, just chatting - rather than doing any work...

Sorry again, as i have just bumped with this apology - i will wait patiently

·
Registered
181 Posts
Hi the Lumbar support is a pretty substantial bit of kit the only weak point I can see is the wire clip between the rotating arm and the lumbar strap see pic

Check that the Lumbar Knob hasn't come loose from the spindle.
There is a torx screw in the centre of the knob under the plastic cover/cap

The pic is from a 1990 cd I'm assuming the Aero has the same type fitted.

U should be able to access the lumbar by unzipping the cover at the bottom and easing the cover up a little.

Cheers C

·
Registered
213 Posts
Is that picture of an electric seat????

I have the same problem as the above party (bumper boy!) that on my passenger electric seat when tilting back only one side moves?

could it be a loose connection, are there motors on both sides of the seat or just the one??

Gareth
Saab 9000 with clear indicators! (sorry mac-xpert)

·
Registered
181 Posts
Hi dulux

Yes it's an electric seat

The Seat Back tilting motor is located underneathat the front of the seat base. The tilt is control to both sides by one motor using two cables one from each side of the motor see pic
the cables are held in place by a wire clip which you can see on the photo. I guess if only one side is tilting then one of the cables is either loose or damaged.

HTH

Cheers C

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Originally posted by Dulux:
[qb]excellent sounds like just the problem, that'll make her in doors happy!!!! [/qb][/b]
Gareth, I had the same problem on mine. Relatively easy to fix with some rubber tubing, super glue and some cable ties. I can go through it in more detail when I see you on 27th.

Toby

·
Registered
47 Posts
Hi,All

And guess what??? My lumbar control knob for some reason has seized. Was working okay, but is solid as a rock for seemingly, no particular reason. Went to adjust it and it has stuck fast.

Any hints for a new Saab owner?? Car is a 1993 9000CD, 86,000ks

Thanks

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.