Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently bought a 1994 Saab 9000 CS Manual with 146,000 km on the clock which was in very original condition. (In other words no replacement of worn parts had ever been carried out.)

I have been finding different components which need replacing to bring the car up to a reasonable standard, but I have had difficulty in buying parts for the car. The local Saab distributor charges ridiculous prices for anything they supply.

I am interested in being advised by Australian owners where they get their parts from.

I would also like to know whether buying small parts in England and having them forwarded to Australia is a reasonable proposition.

I am impressed with the straight forward way Saabs are put together and with the internet support available. However, unfortunately, unless I can source parts at a reasonable and fair price I don't think I will be staying with Saabs for too long.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Hi

We have had our '94 9000 CD for a year now. Started getting it serviced by the Saab dealers on the north shore, but too heacy hourly rate! Now going to Pate and Vernooy in the city. Good service. Not too sure about parts, but .... will keep on going there because of the service.

Thoroughly enjoy the car!!! We up graded from a new Falcon XR6 which sopent more time/ks going back to the dealer for warranty work!!!!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.