Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since I have had my Konis and PI springs fitted, the ride height is a lot lower, despite the fact that I thought the PI's would be the same as the stock Aero springs - on their site, they list the one spring, which lowers a stock 9000 by 40mm. Do you reckon that they have wound them too short or does fitting Konis shring height too .

To anyone who has had Konis/Abbott springs fitted (ie. Bill J etc), what happened to your ride height?

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
Don't know whether I understand the question right - but IIRC the Aero only rides 10 mm lower than the other 9000 versions. Which, of course, would leave you with the PI springs lowering your car by 30 mm instead of 40 - the latter would presumably apply to 'cooking' 9K's. That's still a quite significant reduction of ride height...

·
Registered
8,216 Posts
My Abbotts dropped mine by about 15mm initially, but over time they have settled and are probably now 30mm lower than the standard Aero. You'd be surprised at how much difference this makes to ground clearance and jacking the car up, etc. It looks nicely in proportion, though.

·
Registered
2,599 Posts
You'd be surprised at how much difference this makes to ground clearance and jacking the car up, etc. It looks nicely in proportion, though.[/b]
Fitted 40mm lower springs to my 900T8v and could no longer get the trolly jack under the front however it did mean the front srings could be replaced simply by unbolting the damper - no need for a spring compressor

Fitted MY89 Carlsson springs to my MY96 2.3TCS manual and it made no noticable difference - and it was only the springs I changed as the Carly dampers were passed it so four front struts were stripped and rebuilt

Our MY97 2.3TCS auto is much softly sprung compared to the manual and I think I'll be fitting Aero springs to this one.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.