Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,615 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As some of you may know I own a 99 turbo, 2 door. You may also know I had a bit of an accident recently, which means I will not be able to drive a manual car for a long while. Though this means no 99 driving till next year, I need to change our everyday car.

The reason I am asking you all for advice is we were thinking of changing our everyday car (diesel manual Shogun) before my accident. My wife says she would like another Shogun as its comforable, solid, reliable, economical and I cannot disagree with her, as I does everything you ask of it. But I have alway has a soft spot for a 9000. Ideally what is the most comfortable and easy to drive version - I'm not looking for out and out performance, though I do enjoy the occasssional
but am of that age where comofort comes first. Are the automatics a problem and if so what should I look out for.

There is no immediate rush to get another car, as I want to make sure I make the right choice, be it 9000 or Shogun.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
305 Posts
Naranto:

I may be bias, but my 9000 is an excellent Saab with an automatic. I truly believe that the auto trannys in Saab have taken a bad rap. Like any other car, if you abuse them, you will have problems.

For comfort(I am 6'2" and 235 lbs.) you cannot beat the 9000. I drive about 800 miles per week on the interstate and city. The interior height of the cabin allows me plenty of headroom even with the sunroof(you loose two inches of height in the cabin with a sunroof).

Mine is a 2.3l turbo, so power has never been an issue. If you want to kick to the wild side, there is more than ample power even with the auto.

I say go for the 9000 turbo. Besides, who wants to drive the same car as everybody else in town?

Good Luck

wherewolfe

1 - 2 of 2 Posts