Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm having my Koni's, PI Springs, poly front wishbone bushes & poly front anti-roll bar bushes fitted this week. I already have one poly engine mount & am wondering whether to get an Abbott transmission mount or a regular one - the existing one needs to be replaced?

I am awaiting delivery of a Speedparts Stage 3 kit from Elk, but will probably go no further with tuning (famous last words!).

I don't want excessive engine vibration in the cabin as the Aero is my daily car. Any comments would be most welcome before I place my order.

·
Registered
2,277 Posts
Jez, I think you will have enough vibration from the mods you are intending to fit. I'd stick with the standard transmission mount IMHO.
But then again perhaps an improvment in gearchange quality might swing the equation around the other way, if indeed it does improve this?
Any chance of getting together sometime, I'm only 45 mins away...

Nick.

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Nick,

Thanks for the advice. I think I will stick with the standard one as I don't want extra vibration. Have to say that the shifting isn't exactly great on the 9000 compared to other cars I have owned, including my cable operated Elise shift.

Yep, I'm up for a meet at some point, though am without car for two days whis week (for upgrading), then off to Manchester, then away at the weekend. I'm going for the power day organised by saab-900.com in Uxbridge - are you? Otherwise, maybe in a week or two's time, once I have had my bits fitted?

Jez

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Same for me as I have had 7 holidays this year - the joys of being a council worker with flexi. No, I meant a pint somewhere - how about the Trev Arms at Glynde or Cricketers at Berwick one evening? Hope to get my bits fitted early next week, so maybe one week niht after that? I am tied up for the next few weekends.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Jez,
Should be interesting to see what BHP yours makes compared to mine. I'll be at the Power Enginnering day and have the stage 3 kit fitted with MBC to my Aero. I get wheelspin in thrid in the wet

BTW, I used to live in Brighton and Polegate and used to enjoy a pint or five in the pubs discussed

Alanb

·
Registered
2,277 Posts
Yep, either place suits me fine. The Trevor is close to the A26 down to Newhaven, quite a nice flowing road for these parts....

Nick.

PS. It would be nice to test your car before and after you've fitted the parts. I've got an AP-22 data-logger for this purpose...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.