Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
16,524 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have adjusted the xenon headlamps on my 2002 9-5 ready for a continental trip. Just need a long reach allen key and a wall to face.

Full set of pictures here

·
Registered
1,813 Posts
I am a bit mythed, by you most excellent explanation! I asked a few dealers how to do this - and they did not have a clue! There were also posts saying that if you turned the adjuster too far then you would render the unit pretty much useless. Is this still the case? Personally I would rather dazzle a few foreigners than mess up my headlamps! - As these headlights are fantastic!

So how did you suss this out?- Was it by trial and error or are you a genius? - Or have they printed a new user guide with the right bit in it now?!Or is it bloody obvious?!!

·
Registered
16,524 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Just trial and error. The one and a half turns seems enough. I had heard that two turns was as much as you can do before breaking the system, so not brave enough to try!!

Seems to be OK here in Spain and France - not been flashed yet!!

·
Registered
92 Posts
I have a MY05 9-5 Vector Estate (2.3t), bought in Switzerland.
The height adjusters are the same as your photos, but the "left/right adjuster" hole is blocked be a removable rubber grommet. You say this should not be needed, but what does it do?

Note that my lamp units are clearly labelled for LHD use, so I guess that this level adjustment is a good workround rather than a real fix. Anyone know how this might be treated by police if stopped? Note that for me, it will be the other way round, i.e. adjusting for UK usage so any idea on UK police attitudes welcome.

On my other Saab, a 900 cabriolet (Monte Carlo special yellow one, halogen lights) I can use the internal dashboard control to drop the lights, and no-one has ever complained.

I have also used Super Beambenders(on another Xenon lamp car)
Saxon BeamBenders

Worked well but I have to get them sent from the UK!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts