Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I’m going to be installing my Koni adjustables and Rok springs in the next day or two and would just like to know what settings you guys that have them, have them set at?

As I understand it the rears are a pain in rear to adjust so I would like to get it as right as possible first time.

I’m running on standard cse wheels at the mo. 60 profiles and find the car far too soft for my driving style (err fairly hard )

I’ve not received them yet (today hopefully) so not sure if they have preset setting adjustment or just a threaded adjustment?

Any help would be most appreciated.

Thanks

Damian

·
Registered
2,928 Posts
I have Konis with Abbot's springs. Abbot's advice was to set all the dampers 1 setting away from soft. From memory, this is 180 degrees rotation away from soft. The rears can only be done off the car, so be sure you get it right first.

·
Registered
2,928 Posts
1994 9000CSE, 2.3 turbo. It has Abbott's wishbone bushes as well as front and rear anti roll bar bushes. It's a different car to the standard rolly polly motorised sofa! But don't forget it's the tyres that are the most important item. Michelin Pilots are pretty good.

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ah ha same as mine then '96 CSE , ive also got the full set of superflex bushes that im going to do at the same time, my next purchase (once ive got a new job) is the abbott rear antiroll bar upgrade, i hear that makes a massive differance to handling/cornering and helps traction yipee.

I will be able to throw it round tight corners without getting seasick what fun

Ta

Damian

·
Registered
2,928 Posts
The torsional stiffness of the anti roll bar is dependant on two things:

a) the material properties
B) the diameter of the bar

I doubt whether anything more esoteric than a reasonably cheap grade of steel is used by anyone outside race car engineering, so it's only a question of diameter. I phoned Abbott to ask about their anti roll bar for my car, and they told me it has the same diameter as the standard fitment on the CSE, therefore possesses the same torsional stiffness.

·
Registered
97 Posts
My 2.3T I had fitted with Konis & Abbott springs and bushes all round-superb.

However, for some reason the tyres fitted are Marangoni's size 205/65/15, and the MASSIVE sidewalls flex like mad. However, they wear really well, grip well in the wet and in a straight line!. I will change them as soon as I can find a 17 inch wheel that suits the look of the car. Been looking for weeks now, and can't seem to find what I want.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.