Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
662 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
as ive already pointed out my new aero came with koni,s alround.they were fitted by abbotts and have not been played with since.they feel about the same "firmness",front to back.can anyone shed any light on what sort of setting abbott would have used when they fitted them?.also what would be the effect of adjusting them?.IE making them softer or harder at front or rear etc?.as you all know the fronts are easy,but the rear ones you must remove to adjust and i dont want to do this without any prior knowledge.
cheers
simon

·
Registered
179 Posts
If Abbott also fitted their springs you will find several threads describing Abbott's standard setting. Sorry, even though I used the settings myself when I had Koni + Abbott fitted, I don't remember the number of turns.

What suits you will depend on what you want to do. I don't do track days, I just wanted to loose the body roll, which seems to be what Abbott aim at. Worked for me

HTH.
Chris

·
Registered
8,216 Posts
Abbott set them the same all round so you should be able to tell by softening the fronts and seeing how many turns you can soften them by. I seem to remember they use half a turn all round, which is a nice setting initially but once the shocks settle in a bit gives very little damping and a choppy ride. I got a much better ride (and handling) after the settling-in period by increasing the damping. I can't quite remember but I think I went for 1 turn all round. Whatever, I'm pretty sure it was twice as much as Abbott had used.

I've since gone all the way up to 2 turns all round for track days on fast circuits. The ride is very harsh but great for its intended use. Handling is not quite so good on normal roads, though.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.