Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Saab doesn't have cruise control and my last 2 did so I really miss it and I would like to install it. I have looked around on the net and I wondered if anyone can help me clear a few things up? Do I need to just add the stalk with cruise control which means take old one off and add the new one, or do I have to install anything else? Some sites mention switches under the clutch, which is no help to me as mine is an Auto so will anyone know were I look for them on mine? and what do they look like? For some reason I cant press enter to start a new paragraph so im sorry my posts all look like a block lol

·
Registered
687 Posts
You'll need a new stalk and one pedal switch for the brake pedal. The stalk is easy to install, no need to remove the wheel, just remove the plastic surround behind it and then unclip the old stalk.

The pedal switch fits above the pedal, you'll need to remove the kick panel above the pedals (just unscrews) and then you'll see a slot in the metal bracket above the pedal, the switch slots into this and connects to a wiring plug that's already there. Easy job.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Thanx for that Bartwins I have purchased a stalk just need the switch, any idea were can get one from and what it looks like?

I found them :) now wait for it to arrive and then fit :)

·
Registered
687 Posts
You can get the switch from a dealer, I think they cost about a tenner from memory, or from someone breaking a car. Not sure about the 2002 stalk, you need to check the wiring on it and your old one to see if they match, they should do.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts