Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everybody

I have stage 3 on my car + intake and delivery pipe (stock 230ps) but something is not ok with it. I dynoed and i don't get full benefit of it (262ps 390Nm). I think the problem has with the torque to do. If i could get the promised 440Nm then i should be able to get of 280-290ps. What could cause the lower torque i don't know but i have to do some measurements with tech 2. How can i observe the adaptation boost and the airmass, that is been requested from ECU and airmass, that the ECU actually get? (DI cassete and spark plags are new BCPR7).

Any help would be appreciated

·
Registered
348 Posts
Didn´t we have that discussion already here ?

I don´t want to sound too pessimistic, but I don´t think you will find your power just by trying around (new spark plugs, clean MAF, clean air filter, new bpv, new d.i.) - at least I didn´t

If you have the money, you should drive to one of the three big names in T7 (Hirsch, MapTun, Nordic) and have them solve your problem - this worked perfectly for me

Yours,

Philip

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Philip

I know it has been already discussed but i don't want to accept it! I mean if this stage produces 250-260ps then there would be a lot of complainτs from other users too. Unfortunately i can't confirm it or abort it either because i don't have enough evidents of other people, who use the same stage. That's why i want to be sure, that everything is ok with the car. It would be nice if i could see some dyno results from people with the same cofiguration in order to compare them with mines.

yours

·
Registered
348 Posts
Hi 9-5 Aero,

problem is: Most users don´t dyno their cars. They "feel" that the power is there (like you did, see your first post), and that´s enough for them.

Plus there are by far not that many Trionic 7 cars tuned beyond Stage I than you might think - street legality in many countries being one of the problems (it was quite a hassle for me to get my car completely legalized in Germany).

This is my view concerning "Stage" kits (vs. custom tuning): They are cheaper, and if they work with your car, they are great (we have many happy 9000 Aero drivers with MapTun Stage III on this forum), but if they don´t, you have a problem (I think Ylee´s quest for his missing 100 hp ist the perfect example).

I don´t think you can really blame the tuners offering Stage kits for this. Diagnostic via internet or phone is very hard. It is much easier if you have the car in your workshop and some time to play around with it. You being a computer engineer should be familiar with this problem

Yours,

Philip

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.