Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
At the risk of sounding thick..............

I understand that the measurement for the actuator rod runs from where the actuator exits the housing but I am unsure where to measure to. Is it the end of the rod itself or with the piece on the end which then hooks to the wastegate arm itself?

Thanks

Scott

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
I have never worried about measure it, but I would think the best way to measure is from the body to the center of the eyelet.

Anyways, someone should pop along soon with the correct answer.

·
Registered
281 Posts
I would take a measurement from any place that seems suitable. There's not much point in matching it to any other measurement because your car may be setup differently to other cars. So put the turbo (or whatever) on the car and make the actuator arm a similar length to the previous setup. Measure this and go for a drive to see if it's performing right. If not then you'll need to either adjust the arm length or start troubleshooting. If you have the Bentley manual this has lots of info on getting the setup correct. (like 5-10 pages worth) (it also says if your adjusting the length of the actuator arm do not twist the arm as it will damage the actuator diagram - adjust the link part and hold the arm still as you do so.)

If you want a measurement from my turbo (standard as far as I know) do ask. I have the TE05 from the classic 900.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.