Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Click on Active Topics, then on any thread. Press back button or control-H to return to list of active topics, get an error page about "Another search cannot be performed at this time" (or something like that).

·
Premium Member
854 Posts
Active topics works through the search function. The search function has flood-control which prevents any single user performing many searches in a short period of time. This is necessary so as to prevent extreme loads on the server.

You can easily overcome this issue:

1. If you are using MS Internet Explorer, hold down [SHIFT] when you click on a link - it will open the link in a new window. When done, close the window and your original window still has the active topic list.

2. If you are using Firefox, you can use tabbed-browsing. Hold down [CTRL] when you click on a link and the page will open in a new tabbed window. Close the tabbed window when you are done, the active topic list remains in the original tabbed window. [CTRL} + [T] opens a new tabbed window in Firefox.

HTH

·
Registered
1,411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ta, but I'd still claim that's broken behaviour. Your workaround is just a way of defeating the anti-flood protection.

I'll stick to reading topics the old-fashioned way.

P.

·
Premium Member
854 Posts
[ QUOTE ]
Ta, but I'd still claim that's broken behaviour. Your workaround is just a way of defeating the anti-flood protection.

[/ QUOTE ]
No, it isn't. You are not defeating anti-flood protection, since you have only ever performed one search.
[ QUOTE ]
I'll stick to reading topics the old-fashioned way.

[/ QUOTE ]
So no problem, then.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts