Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello

I have a Saab 9-5, 2007, which has recently had acceleration issues. The problems do not always happen, but often have problems with acceleration uphill. Have read error codes, and I get a code on P0400, which applies to EGR. And a code, P0105, which applies to MAP sensor. Have removed the sensor, which was very dirty and cleaned it, but no improvement. Sometimes my codereader can get live data, from the sensor, but not always, and I'm not sure if the data is correct. Is it just to replace the sensor or has anyone else advice?

·
Registered
63 Posts
Remove the EGR and clean it, then clean the MAP sensor again. If you have or can borrow a DVM you can back probe the MAP sensor at its connector, pin1 is ground and pin 3 is power. With the key at the ON position (don't start engine) you should see 5V or near to 5V. If you don't see 5V then the wiring could be faulty.

But I think cleaning the EGR may solve your problem.

Sent from my CLT-L29 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Remove the EGR and clean it, then clean the MAP sensor again. If you have or can borrow a DVM you can back probe the MAP sensor at its connector, pin1 is ground and pin 3 is power. With the key at the ON position (don't start engine) you should see 5V or near to 5V. If you don't see 5V then the wiring could be faulty.

But I think cleaning the EGR may solve your problem.

Sent from my CLT-L29 using Tapatalk
Thanks, will try tonight.
When I drove today, the code reader gave me live data from the MAP, but after a while the graph went to zero, and the engine lost power. Suddenly it came back, so I can't understand why it comes back sometimes. After I cleand the MAP the EGR-code(p0400) disappeared.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts