Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ive only had the car, 2005 petrol, a few months and as I am in London I don't get to accelerate hard that often

Accelerating in 1st is clumsy, if you know what I mean, jerky etc, as soon as I get to 2nd the car starts to pull properly

If I try a boy racer start in 1st, the engine revs go up OK but the car is not moving as quick as the engine revs would suggest

No I don't think its the clutch, I have no sense of it ever slipping and I have done the handbrake test and the car stalled as per it should.

Is the the traction control causing this 'lag'?

N

·
Super Moderator
3,072 Posts
You coukd have an air leak ,fouled plugs coil pack .
Has this been going on a while ?
If you have opcom then it may well be worth doing some live data readings to see if fuel trims are following each other .
Or fuel pressure desired and atchual are as they should be

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes perhaps, I have found a proper SAAB mechanic local who is going to look over the car in a week. I'm fairly handy with cars, I have had 3 SAABs I've maintained - a 9000 and a 95 and now the 93, plus I still have a 1966 Sunbeam, but this is a complicated beast to deal with.

The mechanic has suggested I buy a brand new throttle body, which I have now done. I could put it on myself, but I might as well let him do it as he has proper tek 2.

Almost £200 for the TB from Neo, but I think on a 15 year old car it can do no harm and may do a lot of good!

·
Administrator
5,122 Posts
before doing anything,remove F2 in the UEC next to the battery for 5mins..

·
Administrator
5,122 Posts
resets the ecu..

1 - 6 of 6 Posts