Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I'm looking (again) for some help for resolving some problems on my 9000 CSE LPT 2.0 MY1996.

4 months ago, I'd some troubles about air conditioning system due to a faulty 2 speed fan resistor. At the same time I'd the ACC unit + patrol gauge + temp gauge off due to the fuse 17 failed:

Related topic

I'd try several things but the only thing that it worked for that the fuse 17 worked was to disconnect/reconnect the EDU. Later I'd replaced the fan resistor and the fan is working correctly now at the 2nd speed.

BUT the SRS light is always on and the ACC 2 unit are not working at all now !? All the rest are working fine.

Do you know how I can check the ACC unit and the SRS system ?

Thank you for your help.

Alain

·
Registered
16,524 Posts
When you had the fuse out, or battery disconnected, did you turn the ignition key? I believe than this will make the SRS light come on. Dealer needs to reset it. If this is the problem it may be nothing to do with the ACC problems.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Originally posted by sgould:
[qb]When you had the fuse out, or battery disconnected, did you turn the ignition key?. [/qb][/b]
Hi,

Sorry but I don't know what is "turning the ignition key"

I think that to disconnect/reconnect the EDU had reset something but I don't know what.

Thank you for your help.

Alain

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hello,

Oups !! I'm stupid !

Did I turn turn the ignition key ?
May be but not sure, I don't remember.

How the dealer can reset it ? Do they use a special Saab tool or are there any possibilities for me to do that myself ?

Thanks a lot.

·
Registered
430 Posts
It's a dealer only job.

They use a 'Tech 2' device which connects to a port underneath the steering column & they can read & reset any fault codes - such as the 'SRS' light.

I recently pulled the the 'wrong' fuse out when the engine was running and I had to visit the Saab dealers to have the 'SRS' warning light reset. It is worth geting it done quickly because your airbags will not work if the warning light is displayed.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts