Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My problem is the ACC system. Unless it's set to "HI" i don't get any hot/warm air. If it's set to anything below "HI" car gets REALLY cold very quickly. Any pointers or info much appreciated.

·
Registered
413 Posts
There is a temperature sensor in the dash; it's one of the 'plug ins' just to the right of the acc control panel ( from memory ). Seems most likely thing to check to me. It has a small motor with fan attached; this draws air from the car, over the sensor. Most common fault is bearings get dirty / worn and screech but can probably sieze too. I don't know for sure exactly what the effect of this failing would be, other than that the temp. obviously would not be controlled correctly. When the control is set to 'HI' or 'LO' this sensor is overidden and you will get max. heat or coolth.

Nigel

·
Registered
753 Posts
I had this same problem in my 92 9000 CDS.

If you are lucky the problem is caused by that air sensor in the dash giving a faulty reading, it is easy to take out and clean.

However in my case it was the box of electronics that controls the ACC system whch had malfuncitoned and thought the sensor was reading 40C, hence the blowing of cold air on any setting bar HI.

This was verified by testing with a new sensor.

Dealer quoted £350 for a new box, saying the price had fortunately come down from nearer £800 ....

By looking around I managed to meet up with a Swedish bloke in a Coventry hotel to pick one up for £100 he brough over for me.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts